Saturday, November 9, 2013

Veteran's Day Celebrations {2013}










Our town does this great Veteran's Day Parade every year, the Saturday before Veteran's Day.  It was both of the boys' first parades.  Since we saw a parade at Haven Fall festival it wasn't Katelyns.  I love parades.  I love the bands(I get teary every time, I have no idea why) and all the flags.  As you can imagine this parade has even more red, white and blue that normal.

As I watched my kids standing on the side of the street and vigorously waving their flags, squealing with with friends, I couldn't help but think how lucky we are.  We are lucky to live in a country with so many freedoms, a country where so many have given their lives, their time and other sacrifices so that we may be free.

The kids don't really understand Veteran's Day yet.  Logan knows that soldiers don't get to be home much.  We talk about Uncle AJ being gone often.  Gavin just liked all the noise and candy.  I promise to teach them though...to know what our soldiers sacrifice for us and thank one every chance they get!

No comments:

Post a Comment