Sunday, November 1, 2009

Simple Sunday





Today is my last official day of maternity leave. We spent the day doing only ordinary things. We took a nice nap together this morning. We went to lunch at Papa and Nana's house and played cards with Uncle AJ and Kristen. Nana accompanied us for a nice walk this afternoon and now I am just finishing up cleaning the house. It's probably the last time it will be done for awhile.

I have mixed feelings about going back to work tomorrow. I love to be mentally stimulated and challenged so from that aspect it will be nice to be back to work and have something useful to concentrate on aside from how to fit one more bottle in the drying rack, what to fix for supper and calculating how many diapers we go through in a week.

On the other hand, I'm going to miss my baby. I know that in reality everyone has to work. But this has been a very nice break for me, by far the longest I've ever gone without working. I hope that I can figure out some sort of routine for our family in order to maintain everyone's sanity. We are going to need to be up by at least 5:00a.m. to have Logan to the sitters in Benton at 6:15 and Christopher up, dressed and to Nana's before we leave town. Logan will be going to a home daycare and is the only baby there so will get tons of attention. It is helpful to know that he is in such capable hands and I don't have to worry about him.

I am a bit worried how breastfeeding will go after I am back to work. I hope that since we have worked so hard at it that nothing will change. I will pump and he will bottlefeed when I'm gone and he will be all mine at feeding times when I am home.

All things considered I doubt I will update or even have time to take pictures before Weds. Lord knows I'll have plenty to share by then!

1 comment:

  1. Is it bad that when I looked at the first picture on this post I was immediately trying to decide which vein would be the best for an IV? I think I'm ruined! :) Logan is adorable though!

    ReplyDelete