Friday, July 23, 2010

A Full Day

I went to see my great-great granny today!

I did NOT want to sit still for a picture.
Granny let me talk on the phone...


...and she had a green apple that proved to be the best toy ever!

My Great Grandma Carver hadn't seen Logan for several months so today we made a road trip to see her. We picked up Grandma(Logan's Great Grandma) on the way and off we went. I was shocked when Grandma told me Great Granny was in the hospital...should be getting released and we were going to pick her up. She had several small strokes this week but is doing better. We waited for a little over an hour at the hospital. Logan was great. I dropped my phone outside trying to get everyone in the car and cracked the screen...rats...there's another $50.

We got everyone loaded in the car and pulled out from the hospital. Then, the car started dinging telling me it was overheated and to stop the engine. I pulled over and shut it off thinking maybe the thermostat was just out of whack. Turned it back on, same message. We made it to the pharmacy to pick up Granny's new meds. I tried to call Steve but he was too busy at work to talk. Ok, I told myself. I'm not sitting in the 100 degree weather in full sun in the car. I foud out there was a dealership in town and called. They were located way on the other side of town...called them and they recommended letting the car sit for at least an hour prior to driving there.

So we drove the few blocks back to Granny's. By then Steve had called and I convinced him he needed to come rescue us. So, he drove to Winfield to assess the situation. A bucket of water later all was well...drat...if I had known that was all it needed I could have done that! I'll know next time.
We drove to Augusta and toured an educational learning center we are considering for Logan instead of the home daycare he's currently in. We're ready for something new and different with a bit more structure. We will miss Jamie though and will probably visit her now and then.

What a day...Mommy's exhausted...Daddy's outside painting. He never stops going! Now I know where the boys get it from. Cousin Brylie is coming to spend the night tomorrow. Family get together with Nina's family is coming up on Sunday. Another busy weekend is ahead!




1 comment:

  1. if my car overheats, i'm calling you so you can explain to me what i need to do. just sayin.

    ReplyDelete