Thursday, July 29, 2010

This Face...









How can I not be absolutely in love with this face...even if he was turning the TV off of my favorite show! Our evenings have been busy. Steve is finishing up painting the outside of the house. By the time we get dinner and everyone bathed it's 10:00p.m.

Need some advice from all the other moms out there...you'd think I would know these things since I'm a nurse but I don't! Do you really have to wait until the day your kid turns one to start introducing cows milk? I know it should not be their primary source of nutrition. Logan is weaning himself from nursing. Last night when I put him to breast all he would do is bite...little stinker. I know part of it is that he's getting a couple of bottom teeth in. So, I thought, ok I will just pump. What a joke! Pump for three ounces of milk...after 7 hours without him nursing.

He doesn't sleep well when we give him a big formula bottle before bed. I probably did a big no, no...gave him part formula and part whole milk. I figure he's 11 months old. Two ounces of milk isn't going to kill him. He slept from 10:00 p.m. to 4:45 a.m.

So that brings me to our next question...tricks to entice them with the sippy cup? I actually measured yesterday. Out of the entire day he only took about 2 1/2 ounces from the stupid thing. I know he isn't getting enough fluids from nursing. We've tried every different kind of cup. I have taken all the valves out because he won't suck at all with the valves in. I just can't see weaning him from the breast to a bottle. He really isn't attatched to bottles.
>I know give him time, right? I'm trying to be patient but I must admit it isn't one of my strong suits!

1 comment:

  1. My doctor actually told me to start out weening her on to cow's milk by mixing half and half. I was getting low on formula around 11 months so I started early with the cow's milk (and formula mix) and she did just fine. I don't see any problem with it. I think the biggest problem they worry about is not enough iron when they're so itty bitty. But by around this time they're introduced to lots of veggies and fruits so they don't worry so much. I think it's just a precautionary thing. And also, they worry about allergies, but I was reading how it's best to start kids earlier on things to prevent allergies (seems like every year they come out with a different take on allergies and kids).

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete