Monday, July 5, 2010

Logan's 1st 4th of July




What a weekend! It all started after the carpet installation Thursday and Friday which by the way is being finished today. Logan's rash seems to be getting better but this morning he stuck his tongue out at me and he has thrush now! If it isn't one thing it's another. I guess there are some perks to being a NICU nurse. Of course the doctors office is closed but when I called to talk ot the doctor he said, "You know what thrush is...sure you see it all the time in the nurseries...I'll call in some nystatin."

Then the real fun begins. Nystatin to his cheeks and to my boobs four times a day. Just what I want to do! This means sterilizing nipples from bottles after every feeding for my hubby when I'm gone. I'm just thankful he doesn't have a diaper rash...yet. Hopefully we caught it soon enough. I'm done ranting about that now.

We actually celebrated the 4th a bit early shooting off our fireworks on 6/30 and 7/1. Christopher went back to his mom's last night and we didn't want anyone to miss out on the fun. Logan was mesmerized by the fireworks. He just sat there and stared at them. He wasn't scared at all but didn't really know what to think either. Last night Aunt Kate came over and we watched all the neighbors act like idiots.

We always miss Uncle AJ but especially missed him last night. He and Luke always put on a big redneck fireworks show on the 4th that was quite hysterical to watch. Miss you AJ! Hope you had a good 4th.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had fun! I love seeing pictures of Logan.

    And SO SORRY about the thrush. No fun. Hopefully it will clear up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my fourth was wonderful... i missed you guys too and home as always... promise i'll be back soon :-)

    ReplyDelete