Monday, September 12, 2011

No Words...

There are certain people that you meet in this world that come into your heart for moment...and stay there forever. These people that you don't get to see often, but think of almost daily. Today was like Christmas at our house do to three of these special people.


There was a thud at the door. I said aloud, "What did someone just throw on the porch?" Steve got up to check and brought in a package. I smiled as I read who it was from....I won't say any names because I don't want to embarass anyone. I was thinking, "Oh I bet it's a birthday present for Logan!" As Steve opened the box and Logan squealed with excitement I was still completely unprepared for what was inside.


There were presents for Logan...a special book about little and big brothers, Thomas books, Cars coloring books and markers and Thomas puzzles. There were presents for Gavin: diapers, pictures frame, shoes, clothes galore, hooded towel and washcloths, toys and a special little star mommy can sing to and record so daddy can play it for him when I can't be here. Then there was a card...that also held a good amount of cash.


As I immediately started crying, I'm pretty sure my husband didn't know what to think. I literally had no words(I know, you're thinking for real?). I was just saying last night that it is so incredibly heartwarming how others have provided for us in this difficult time. It's one thing to pull gift after gift out of a box for your children...knowing that someone that is so similar to ourselves worked very hard for the money to buy them. Holding the cold, hard cash in my hand brought on a completely different emotion.


So, I have been crying for an hour now trying to figure out what it is I did for these people that would even begin to compare to what they have done for us. All I know is that the phone call I made to thank them doesn't even begin to do them justice...partly because I was crying still the whole time and partly because you just can't hug someone through the phone!


I am so thankful to be blessed with all the special people in our lives. I am so thankful for the genorousity that everyone has bestowed upon us in this difficult time period. God has a way of knocking us on our butts and making us very, VERY humble sometimes!

2 comments:

  1. What a blessing you have been given. I believe that someone who does something so generous for others is not looking for anything in return. Calling and thanking them was a great gift to them. Maybe a personal note would be nice too.

    ReplyDelete