Thursday, March 25, 2010

He Makes Me Smile





How can you not beam from ear to ear with this darling young man smiling back at you every morning? I can't help it...he makes me smile.

As I was packing up most of his 3-6 months clothes today and preparing to return the next bunch of borrowed outfits and pass down the ones that I was not overly attatched to, it hit me once again...he's getting so big! I must admit that I thought he would be over 18 pounds at the doctors yesterday and was a bit shocked when I found out he wasn't. Then when the doctor said that he had dropped slightly on the growth chart and was now 45th percentile on weight I was even more appalled. Where would you put any more weight?

Don't get me wrong...he's my baby and I love his darling fat rolls that I know one day he'll outgrow. But where would he put any more weight on his tiny body? Even so, we are adding solids at lunch now and always doing rice cereal anytime we feed him. It should also help combat the problems that I have had keeping up with milk supply for the hungry munchkin. We're so lucky that he is a happy baby who loves to eat and has no apparent food allergies as of yet!

1 comment: