Friday, December 25, 2009

Nana and Papa's House

Aunt Kati mastering her new digital camera
Steve and his new mechanics tool set
Logan was so exhausted!

Dinner with my parents was great. Dad cooked steak and we had sweet potatoes, salad, bread...always yummy for this meat and potatoes girl! I went to look at some video of Logan Nana had shot earlier in the day and found that it was on the same disc as the video mom took of the day Logan was born. I hadn't ever seen it so it was fun to view. What was really special was that for much of it my brother was there and holding Logan. It's obvious how much he loves and adores the little guy even from the first day.

That brings me to the highlight of the day. AJ got to call us! I was so excited to hear his voice. He's doing well, getting "buff." He said they fed him a great meal for Christmas. He went to church Sunday and he said he cried the whole time because it just reminded him of home. He misses us dearly but is doing well. We only got to talk for twelve minutes but it the most special twelve minutes of the day. I love the picture above where Grandma is holding Logan because AJ's stocking is hanging in the background. We thought of him the whole evening. I can't wait for the Christmas he gets to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment