Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Eve

"I wish my uncle was here!"
Giggling with Grandma Wilma

Talking with Nana


Tables full of Pinocle players
This grumpy and confused look was Christophers all day long look.




We have one more "holiday" gathering tomorrow with Steve's side of the family...then our holidays are officially over. I am so glad we had Logan to share them with this year and I'm relieved that we can go back to our normal schedule. But, at the same time I'm sad that they have flown by and are gone. It was just as much fun as I had imgained it would be...sharing our little joy with our families, minus one important person.

It's hard to think that it will be quite a while until he sees some of those people again. It's difficult to imagine how big he will be.

This holiday season was good, but sad. I miss my brother and wish he could have been here. I knew that I missed him at Christmas but I had expected Christmas to be difficult. The fact that he got to call home and talk to us on Christmas day made things seem a bit more normal. But tonight at mom's annual New Years Eve Party it wasn't the same without him there.

I guess I didn't realize how much I was going to miss him when he left for basic. I think it is only magnified by the fact that we had a new baby. Maybe I'm just hormonal and tired...or maybe my emotions are warranted. Either way, they are mine. I can't wait until February when God willing we get to drive to TX for his graduation. Until then, we will keep plugging along. Thanks to everyone who has been a great source of support for me, my mom and entire family during this time. I know that this is just the first step for AJ on a journey that is going to provide him endless opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment