Friday, February 12, 2010

Doctors Appt.

Just a quick note...we ended up taking Logan to the Dr. this afternoon. He hadn't had a nap all day. He finally fell asleep at 2:45 then at 2:55 the doctors office called and said they could see him at 3:15. I almost told them to just forget it. I sooooo did NOT want to wake him up. However, since I had to go to work this weekend I didn't feel like it was fair to leave a sick babe home with his daddy with no other option for treatment outside of ER.

Not that I have a thing against ERs(okay maybe just this one in town) but I would rather have Logan see his own doctor while the clinic was open. So we got the little man up and away to the doctors we went. He actually slept through getting in his carseat and the drive there so he got a total of maybe 30 min. of sleep. Then of course we had to weigh him. The nurse was nice enough not to make us strip him completely down. With his onesie, pants and diaper he weighed 16 lbs. 15.5 oz. This would put him 70th percentile on weight. We skipped the rest of his measurements for this visit.

The doctor looked him over. She couldn't see in his ear canals for all the wax buildup so I got to hold him down while she cleaned them out with a scoop. I think this is an extremely nice word for this tool as it resembled more of an ice pick than a scoop. Anyhow, he survived with much screaming. She reported that his ears looked a bit irritated but no fluid visible yet. His throat was red and inflammed. We left with two prescriptions: an antibiotic and a cocktail that is supposed to help ease the pain of his throat. We had instructions not to start the antibiotic unless he failed to improve with the other.

I filled them both. So far he has puked up every med I've given him today...no wonder his throat is red and inflammed. We haven't started the antibiotic. Honestly it is a big amount and I'm not convinced he could keep it down anyway.

So I'm off to work in the morning and it will be the boys here holding down the fort. Maybe Logan will have a good night and an even better day tomorrow...I can hope.

1 comment: