Monday, February 15, 2010

Loved







For the past year and a half, my husband and I have not exchanged gifts of any kind. When he would ask what I wanted I would tell him that either the fertility treatments were a gift enough(for Christmas and our Anniversary the last two years) or after we got pregnant that I was already getting what I wanted most...our baby.

I had been wanting some deer jerky(I know probably not the most romantic thing in the world) but he showed up at home a few days before Valentines Day with the jerky that I had asked for. I didn't expect to come home to the gorgeous flowers I found Sunday when I got off work early. Come to think of it this is the first dozen of roses I have ever gotten from my husband. He has gotten me plenty of flowers in the past but he has a very unique tast when it comes to flowers. He always gets me these very vibrant and colorful bouquets that quite honestly I have never seen duplicated. I love them. But the roses were simple and beautiful.

I have a wonderful husband. Sure, he has his moments(don't we all) but I don't know of a better father, husband or best friend. He manages the kids when I am at work. He always has the baby fed, bathed and ready to nurse when I get home. He tries and usually succeeds to do some kind of housework every single day. He is just so very different from the dad I grew up with. He is very adamant that the work is 50/50 in our household which makes everything just so much less stressful. I love watching him with the boys as he is ever so loving but firm when need be.

Last of all, he's the best friend I've ever had or will have. He knows me like no one else. I am so truly loved.

2 comments:

  1. Love is strong in our home and life is good. Who could ask for anything more? Love ya Baby!!

    ReplyDelete