Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Glimpse

Coin Ceremony
Mom, AJ and Dad

Kristen and AJ


Logan sporting his "Uncle wear"

For those of you that can't read the shirt it says "My Uncle is in the Air Force"





AJ at honor graduate ceremony



First AJ and Logan picture since December




Here's a glimpse into the graduation acitvities. We made it onto base in time to watch the airmen's run. Then it was off to the coin ceremony. I won't lie...it was cold, wet and rainy and...well...for lack of better terminology it sucked! But it was very touching to watch my brother be called an airmen for the first time and receive that promotion.

Since my bub is such an acheiver(I'm not proud at all am I?) we also got to attend the honor graduate ceremony where he was recognized with some of his fellow airmen/women.

We spent the afternoon chilling at a restaraunt on base, just enjoying AJ's company. Tomorrow morning is the graduation parade. AJ will have some "town pass" time after that. You'll never guess what he wants to do during his time off base. Okay, some of you might...he wants to come back to the condo, chill out and play pinocle! I can't wait.

We are driving back tomorrow night in order to once again make things as easy as possible on Logan. He did pretty well on the way here until we hit the Austin rush hour morning traffic and since we won't have that on the way back we are hoping to make good time. It is extremely difficult to drive at night though, especially without any sleep. Be praying for us for a safe trip home. Can't wait to show off more pics and share more on Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting. You are so proud. Have a great day tomorrow and drive carefully.

    (I could not get your March of Dimes to link)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I definitely used to work with AJ at Dillons in El Dorado way back when. I meant to tell you that a long time ago but never did. Tell him congrats on his accomplishments...that's great!

    ReplyDelete