Saturday, January 23, 2010

Now, We're Happy...










...and trust me, this was not always the case this weekend. Logan has had his "moments" yesterday and today. I guess you would call them moments but they were more like episodes. Lasting anywhere from 10-25 minutes he would cry, wail and scream unconsolably. Nothing made him happy. Shoot, forget happy. I would have just been satisfied with NOT SCREAMING.

Then, as quickly as the episode began, it would end. He has definitely been chewing on things constantly. I'm not sure if him teething is the culprit for his behavior or if it's his tummy. I guess I thought that since I was a nurse I would be able to do more for him. I know he won't die from crying though and sooner it later it will cease. THANK GOD!

But, who thinks to take pictures of their children in these moments? Trust me if I would have had enough of my wits about me to think about taking a picture I'm sure it would have been priceless. I can see it now...tears and snot running down his face...snot bubbles coming out of his nose...face splotchy red from having scratched himself during his fit. Maybe tomorrow if he does it I will take a picture just so we can see how accurate the description is!

Tonight Logan has a date with Nana. Mommy and Daddy are heading down to the Iron Horse for a bit of live music and dare I say it quite possibly an adult beverage or two!

I hope the dog decides that he values his life more tonight than he did last night. He kept jumping up on the side of the bed and nudging at us. I don't know why. Logan was sleeping peacefully, finally. Then after about an hour of this he jumped up and barked right in Steve's face. Believe me, he is lucky he didn't wake Logan up or I might have promptly removed his barker from his precious little neck! Okay, so probably not really but I would have wanted to!

After all that, Steve picked him up and put him in bed with us and he was perfectly fine. He laid right down and went to sleep so it wasn't like he had to go out or something. The stupid thing about it is that he jumps up on our bed all the darn time, even at night. Why he was choosing to act like an invalid, we may never know. Aren't animals funny?

No comments:

Post a Comment